- You will go through our intake procedure, and fill out new patient paper work; this will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Comprehensive Physical Therapy evaluation, approximately 60-90 minutes
- Regular treatment sessions 45-90 minutes depending on your situation, 2-5 times per week.
- There may be a waiting period of 24-48 hours before treatment after evaluation due to insurance authorization; this depends on your insurance type.
- Please call to cancel treatment if you are unable to make your appointment within 24 hours
Q1: What will happen at my physical therapy treatment sessions?
Ans: At your initial appointment, one of our fully licensed physical therapists will work with you one-on-one to evaluate your specific condition and set your individual goals based on your needs and your physician?s recommendations. At subsequent visits to Jamaica Physical Therapy, your therapist may work with you to improve your function, range of motion, strength, and flexibility using weights and resistance equipment, as well as incorporating different balance and coordination training activities. In addition to physical exercises, your therapist may use any of our various treatment modalities available. These modalities include: manual therapy, neuromuscular electrical stimulation, ultrasound, phonophoresis, cryotherapy, moist heat, traction, and paraffin wax treatment, among others.